Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Well, Thanksgiving dinner has come and gone, and I'm stuffed!! The food was wonderful, but the family was even better. As much as I love the food, my favorite part of Thanksgiving is definitely the family. I look forward to it all year long. As always, it was great to see the Indiana bunch, especially my Mamaw Jan. I sure do miss her when she's not here. For those of you who don't know her you sure are missing out. I just wish she could be closer so that my handsome baby boy could get to know her better.

Daniel and Holly came. They brought Blake with them. He is such a doll! It was really nice to see them. Even though he's my brother, we don't get to spend as much time with them as I would like. Daniel is attending the police academy, and Holly is busy with work and school. I'm glad they could make it.

Of course I also enjoyed seeing Uncle Jimmy, Aunt Betty, and Kelly Ray. Aunt Betty is so good with Carter. She thinks of him as a grandson, since she doesn't have any of her own. She's gonna be called "Aunt Grammy".

Mammaw and Pappaw came, too. Greg really enjoys talking with pappaw. He's always got some story to tell.

Last, but certainly not least, is mom & dad. Thanksgiving dinner was at their house this year, as it has been the past several years. Even though we see them almost everyday, I still enjoy spending time with them. They are my heros...I don't know what I would do without them.

As you can see in the picture below, Carter seemed to really enjoy his first Thanksgiving. He's such a ham when it comes to the camera. 6-months old and he already "poses"!!

Well, I hope everyone else had a wonderful turkey day. I know I did...I wish we had these days more often.


1 comment:

brionyskerjance said...

If you enjoyed the music in the movie...you will love the soundtrack. There are even a couple songs on it that Rob Pattinson sings (aka Edward Cullen) haha. Most of the songs on the soundtrack were in the movie at one point...I give it two thumbs up :) Let me know if you get it and how you like it. You can always go and listen to a preview of each song on itunes to make sure it is your cup-o-tea.

hope that helps!